Search amongst my extensive tools, statistics, and maps.
We’re avidly collecting the most useful information out there for assisting you in your Oahu real estate search. If there’s something that you find that we should include here, please let us know!
- Oahu MLS and Realtor Neighborhood Map
- Oahu Zoning and Parcel Map
- Oahu Shoreline and Beach Access Map
- Ever heard of the “Gold Coast” of Oahu but can’t find it on a map? Here’s a description of it and here’s a map.
Hawaii Real Estate Resources
- Move-in contacts and utilities
- You may have heard about the new rail line going in on Oahu. Read all about the Honolulu Rail Transit (aka Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation, aka HART).
- The University of Hawaii Sea Grant program has some useful info about beach and water access.
- Want to know the Flood Zone a property is in? Check the Flood Hazard Assessment Tool.
- Read up on real property tax rates at the Real Property Assessment Division’s site.
- Learn all about accessory dwelling units on Oahu at HawaiiADU.org (a project of the Hawai‘i Appleseed Center for Law and Economic Justice).
- Michele Meyer has written a very useful blog about How to Live in Hawaii.
- The Revised Ordinances of Honolulu (ROH) govern zoning, real property taxes, and many more local Oahu issues. (Note: The City and County of Honolulu comprises the entire physical island of Oahu.)
- Jump straight to Oahu’s zoning laws, called the “Land Use Ordinance,” which is part of the ROH.
- Visit the Real Property Assessment Division to file your property tax homeowners exemption online. Do this by the September after you move in to your primary residence on Oahu. You can also sign up to receive your assessment notices via email.
- Find information about your property at the Real Property Assessment and Tax Billing Information site.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners has a nice educational site about homeowners insurance.
Odds and Ends
- If you’re looking for a little piece of Hawaiiana, check out Malama Baby.